News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default CoolBananas Hard Case Review - 10-15-2009, 04:28 PM

I've had a neoprene sleeve for my Mini 9 for a while now, and as much as it makes my Mini 9 look like some sort of Harry Potter spell book when it's inside, it's not particularly handy for when I just want to carry only my Mini 9 - as I found myself doing in a university library not so long ago - I either have to put it in another ruck sack or carry it around in my hands, risking dropping or losing it as I have to put it down whenever I do something else.

An upgrade was certainly needed, and our friends at GearZap have sent me a rather cool "CoolBananas" hard carry case for up to 10.2 inch laptops. No, I've never heard of CoolBananas either but they have produced a pretty nifty netbook case.
The "bullet proof" case is made of an extremely sturdy material that looks like it will repel all knocks and drops. Combined with the belt inside to secure your netbook, I'd say a netbook without any moving parts (Mini 9!) could survive quite a drop. I found the size of the case to be a bit snug with my Mini 9 but my Mini 10 fit perfectly with no movement what so ever when strapped into place. There is also a small pocket on the other side of the case for storing any sort of media/notes you'd want to.

The case also comes with a carry handle and removable strap for transporting it around, of course it will also server as a scratch-proof case for carrying your netbook around in another rucksack.

The CoolBananas hard netbook case is available from GearZap for just £21.95 here.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG00036-20091015-1543.jpg   IMG00037-20091015-1544.jpg   IMG00038-20091015-1544.jpg  

Please do not send me support requests via PM.

« Broadcom brings smoother HD playback to netbooks | Dell Mini 10v with Ubuntu Moblin Remix »