News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#51) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-08-2008, 04:25 PM

Ubuntu, 16GB HDD, 1GB RAM, Nothing special, US

Ordered mine on 10/6 current delivery date is 11/17-11/19. I need it by Turkey day(11/27) I hope they can get it to me before then. I knew I should have ordered one earlier.
  (#52) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-08-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKross

Ordered mine on 10/6 current delivery date is 11/17-11/19. I need it by Turkey day(11/27) I hope they can get it to me before then. I knew I should have ordered one earlier.
I don't give you very good odds at all. I have an Ubuntu machine with an ESD of 11/6 and I think, I hope, I'll get it sometime in November. Just about everyone that should have had an order shipping mid-late September and after has received at least 1 ESD delay notice. Those are usually 1 week delays, really close.

What I would do if I were you, let them know that you are frustrated with the long build time and they will probably bump you up to next day air for free, at least it increases your chances.
  (#53) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-08-2008, 10:48 PM

When I ordered (UK) it said 15 day delay, it arrived 2 days later

Nimrod
  (#54) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-09-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:

I ordered mine 10/7 and have an ESD of 10/28 and EDD of 10/31-11/04, My specs are Black, WinXP, 16GB HDD, 1GB RAM. Wonder why the 2 week difference? I am in the US also.
  (#55) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-09-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetBoi
Quote:

I ordered mine 10/7 and have an ESD of 10/28 and EDD of 10/31-11/04, My specs are Black, WinXP, 16GB HDD, 1GB RAM. Wonder why the 2 week difference? I am in the US also.
He ordered Ubuntu, you ordered XP.. I can only guess they are shipping from different assembly lines..

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#56) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-09-2008, 04:23 AM

Still waiting....

But today I got an e-mail in my inbox from Dell inviting me to take a customer satisfaction survey. You can just imagine the glowing satisfaction I wrote about in my survey. Yeah, right. I made it quite clear why I was "extremely dissatisfied" with Dell right now.

Basically the thing that bugs me the most is that they are still offering the Mini, on their home page even, as a current product that you can buy right now. It's misleading business practices. They can't fill demand and they have orders over a month old that have still not been shippped (like mine!). Now, if they put up a notice saying "sorry, we're not accepting new orders" or "get yourself on a waiting list for a Mini!" that would be one thing, but instead they're carrying on as if this is an in-stock, current product. And it most certainly is not.
  (#57) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-09-2008, 06:16 PM

CS Survey? I doubt they send me one, it won't be very nice.

I called CS yestarday and again today as instructed and still no new information. The thing that really got me set off was when I was told that I couldn't even request a refund until my machine shipped??? They told me I had to wait until I received my replacement (remember this is my second due to the first being damaged) and then call and get authorization to send back both units together before they could issue me a credit. I asked how long it would take for a credit to show up on my AMex and they said 31 days... So bacisally when you buy from Dell they have you over a barrel....

Ordered machine 9/4, on 10/9 I still don't have a working machine. No one can tell me when I will get it.

If I decide I don't want this machine any longer, I still have to wait until I get this machine (whenever that will be) then wait another 30 days to geth my money back so I can go else where. So basically, we will be on the 2nd or even 3rd generation of this device by the time I have my money back...... Hey, maybe the 370 Atom chip will be out by them. :roll:

I was really looking forward to this machine. After having the first one in my hand and at least being able to hold it, I like it even more. BUt Dell has really dropped the ball on these.......
  (#58) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-10-2008, 01:08 AM

I ordered mine today October 9th, Black, XP, 1gb Ram, 16GB HDD, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth and was given an estimated ship date of November 10th. Was not overly impressed to be honest, I hope it is worth the wait.

I am in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
  (#59) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-10-2008, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quart
I asked how long it would take for a credit to show up on my AMex and they said 31 days... So bacisally when you buy from Dell they have you over a barrel....
Try calling American Express and explain the situation. They might be able to reverse the charge, especially if Dell is being unreasonable about it.

Dell Mini 9, 2GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 1.3MP camera, Bluetooth, Ubuntu 8.10
  (#60) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-10-2008, 09:10 PM

I had placed an order last month 9/4 for one of the Ubuntu systems with the 1.3 web cam and it was supposed to be shipped today. Newp! called and they said " oh we see its been pushed back to NOVEMBER 10th. erm SCUSE ME? another month for it? Then I went online. Ubuntu with the 1.3 web cam says the same date there as they told me. I'm guessing that the web cam's are not in stock and that Ubuntu ones are being held back for no other reason then its not a M$ product.

windows xp home(junk) with no webcam. oct 31. Bet it will ship sooner then that too. to wait and not pay extra for the OS or buy..... hrm.....

white Mini 9 Dualboot OSX/Win7
64gb runcore ssd with 2 gb ram
BT - 1.3 mp camera - 16gb sdhc6

« Alereon Wireless USB PCI-E mini-Card Goes After Notebooks | Dell to charge $12.95 a month for "Premium" customer support »