News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#21) Old

Send a message via AIM to jbloodwo
Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 09-29-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunhamzzz
holy moly! Whata mistake to make!

I bet someone missed out on employee of the month for that one!
That is at the level to qualify for "involuntary separation" for the team lead in charge of testing that page.
the devoloper that messed it up and who knows who else....

Dell vostro 1400
Dell Mini 9 8 gig ssd 1 gig ram .3mp cam
powerbook G4 ( needs to be refreshed still on 10.4)
  (#22) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 09-29-2008, 11:35 PM

I ordered mine 9/12 and got a est shipping of 9/29 but today got a one week delay. Hope that's all it is going to be
  (#23) Old

Talking Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 09-30-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanMin
they told me that the Mini line of computers had a "system" problem.
what kind of system problem???? does that mean that those of us with minis have faulty ones? :geek:

that would suck... as i am not totally satisfied with my mini... wonder if this is why?
  (#24) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 09-30-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark62
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanMin
they told me that the Mini line of computers had a "system" problem.
what kind of system problem???? does that mean that those of us with minis have faulty ones? :geek:

that would suck... as i am not totally satisfied with my mini... wonder if this is why?

I received an email from one of the Dell support teams and they wrote in the email that there was a configuration error and that they have corrected the issue. However, that ended up in having to create a whole new order number for me. So it pushed back my ship date to 10/17. I'm still trying real hard to get them to push mine to the front of the line because I shouldn't have to suffer for their mistakes and wait another 3 weeks.

Primary: XPS M1210 | Core2Duo | Vista Ultimate | 3GB RAM | 250GB HD
Secondary: Mini 9 | Pretty Pink | XP Home | 64GB SSD | 2GB RAM | Bluetooth | 1.3MP Camera
  (#25) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 09-30-2008, 03:37 PM

My ESD was today ... but I just got canceled due to the ADOBE READER 9.0 screw up ...

I called and called and e-mailed and e-mailed over the past week trying to warn them that my order was doomed to be canceled ... but to no avail. Everybody assured me there was no problem with the order. There was nothing I could do to get their heads outta their a ....

After I was canceled, I reordered today 9/30/08 with new ESD of 10/22/08 ... When order rep was reading back my list of items, he specified ADOBE 9.0! I hit the ceiling. After a short time on hold, he came back with yet another a new order showing ADOBE 8.1.

I don't think I'm gonna wait on this one. This is so freakin' stupid ...

PS ... If your build list shows: 410-1883 ADOBE READER 9.0 MULTI- LANGUAGE ... you got trouble ...
  (#26) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 09-30-2008, 06:49 PM

so the system problem is the freakin adobe 9... i feel for all you guys and girls.. that is totally idiotic...
  (#27) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 09-30-2008, 08:56 PM

I'm sad to say I'm joining the ranks of the disappointed and frustrated Mini 9 "orderer's". (Meaning, I'm not an owner because I haven't received it, but I've ordered it.)

Thanks to this topic I checked my order, and sure enough Adobe 9 was listed. (And for the record, my Mini was supposed to ship last Friday and I got notice on Friday that it was delayed at least a week.) I e-mailed Dell to be proactive about solving the problem with Adobe rather than waiting until the delayed ship date to do something about it.

Their response? Without my authorization, they just canceled the order. Now I've got to fight to keep the discount I had (I purchased it back when there was a $65 discount) and some semblance of a decent ship date.

AUGH!!! I'm THIS close to forgetting Dell and going with Acer. THIS CLOSE!

Sorry for all the yelling...just needed to vent a bit until I have the time to wait on hold and then hope & pray I get a competent sales person to help me.

I hope this all gets resolved ASAP and I can being posting as an OWNER!

Jeff

PS I'm coming from the eeePC world and have been looking forward to the upgrade ever since the Mini came out.

Mini 9 | Black | 32GB RunCore SSD | 2GB RAM | .3MP cam
Windows 7 Home Premium
  (#28) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 09-30-2008, 09:14 PM

Yeah, Dell has a very good reputation for just canceling orders without notice. I've had that happen to me in the past with 2 Dimension desktops. They wouldn't send them to a shipping address different than my billing - even after my credit card was authorized and approved. They did that TWICE after I was forced to re-submit the same order.

With me, it's kind of a love/hate relationship with Dell. I love the products, but more-so, I HATE the way they do business with their customers...

Primary: XPS M1210 | Core2Duo | Vista Ultimate | 3GB RAM | 250GB HD
Secondary: Mini 9 | Pretty Pink | XP Home | 64GB SSD | 2GB RAM | Bluetooth | 1.3MP Camera
  (#29) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-02-2008, 05:53 PM

Here's a good one: Ordered 9/12 with esd of 9/29. Now postponed for at least 5 business days. Many calls in which the agents assured me there was no problem with my order. Checked on the Adobe item on my order. It reads Adobe 8.1 English with a code of 410-1883. From what I've seen in this and other forums, this code is for Adobe 9.0! Anyone have a similar issue?
  (#30) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-02-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevans75
It reads Adobe 8.1 English with a code of 410-1883. From what I've seen in this and other forums, this code is for Adobe 9.0! Anyone have a similar issue?
Mike: I wonder if the issue has been fixed and they changed the description, but not the item number. I'm totally guessing, but Dell obviously had to somehow fix the problem. Perhaps they found a way to change the product on the back-end while leaving the item number unchanged as a way of appeasing their system.

I'm still waiting to hear Dell's resolution my order which they canceled without request or authorization. They acknowledged an error, but have not gotten back to me with a solution yet.

Mini 9 | Black | 32GB RunCore SSD | 2GB RAM | .3MP cam
Windows 7 Home Premium

« Alereon Wireless USB PCI-E mini-Card Goes After Notebooks | Dell to charge $12.95 a month for "Premium" customer support »