News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#91) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-23-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacz
I cant believe they are just throwing these things into the outlet instead of fulfilling other people's orders.
I certainly can't either. The profit margin on these is presumably tiny and it's not likely that the customers ever took delivery of them (meaning the company can still sell them as new).

I'm going to resist canceling my order for now. The representative that I ordered through has assured me that mine will ship on time and that any delays are the result of supply chain issues (I'm assuming it is the shortage of case plastics as mentioned in other threads).

Anyway, this has been an exercise of my patience. I think I'll live though. And, I'll likely be stronger for it. Wow, existentialism from a laptop purchase. Nice.

Dell Mini 9: Black, 8GB SSD, 1GB RAM, Bluetooth, No Webcam, Windoze XP
Ordered: 10/10 Canceled: 10/30, Re-ordered Via Outlet, , , , , , , , ,Estimated Delivery: 11/3
  (#92) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-23-2008, 09:12 PM

I ordered mine on 10/07 with an ESD of 10/28 and EDD of 10/31-11/04. Mine actually shipped 10/20 and I received it yesterday 10/22.
Configured as follows:
Black, WinXP, 1gig RAM, no Camera,16gig SSD, Bluetooth & 802.11g mc
  (#93) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-23-2008, 09:28 PM

ordered from outlet yesterday and it shipped out today, pissed dell doesnt have the timbuk 2 quilted bag
  (#94) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-24-2008, 04:29 PM

I orderd a dell mini in germany 9/29
delivery date was the 10/17
then the delivery date was set for 10/28
the date has changed to 11.13

I have never expirience such delivery changes with Dell
  (#95) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-29-2008, 03:58 PM

I've been tracking the whole dell mini shortage thing since I purchased my dellmini on October 12th. The estimated delivery date was November 10th. Needless to say like everyone I was freakin furious (they better not push back the shipping date on me). I've seen various reasons for why the minis are delayed; case plastics, etc. Saw this on engadget http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/19/s...tition-issues/ Apparently dell accidentally installed a static Ubuntu image on some minis, eating up 4 gb of SSD space. I guess they caught the error and slowed production even further trying to right the wrongs. I don't if anyone else has posted this or saw this, but I gotta wonder. How does dell continually screw this one up, or is this normal in computer manufacturing business? WHAT THE HELL DELL ?!?!
  (#96) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-29-2008, 04:38 PM

Ordered a 1Gb/16MHz/Bluetooth/no camera model thru the outlet late on 10/24; shipped on 10/25, delivered to me on 10/28, in the afternoon. Shortage? What shortage?

OK, so I'm still waiting on the Timbuk2 carry case, but i'd rather have the Mini without the case than the case without the Mini, if you know what I mean...

~j
  (#97) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-29-2008, 08:49 PM

I ordered my 10/7 with an estimated deliver date of 11/3. I received an email that the estimated ship date is now pushed back to 11/26.
What is going on?
  (#98) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-30-2008, 12:52 AM

Well I guess I am now added to the LOOG list of previous satisfied customers that justy got srewed by Dell!. I also ordered my mini on 10/07 only to get the email of an 11/26 est ship date. I looded at thge outlet but only has 5 units with a higher price than last week. The units with no bluetooth and a 16gb drive with 1.3 camera are now going for $4319 where last week they were $399.00. I guess Dell wants to gouge you there too. I am thinking about going to Wal-Mart and pick up an acer aspire one - they have them in stock at my local Wal-Mart
  (#99) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-30-2008, 12:55 AM

Well I guess I am now added to the LOOOOOONG list of previous satisfied customers that just got srewed by Dell!. I also ordered my mini on 10/07 only to get the email of an 11/26 est ship date. I locked at the outlet but only has 5 units with a higher price than last week. The units with no bluetooth and a 16gb drive with 1.3 camera are now going for $419 where last week they were $399.00. I guess Dell wants to gouge you there too. I am thinking about going to Wal-Mart and pick up an acer aspire one - they have them in stock at my local Wal-Mart
  (#100) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini Shortages? - 10-30-2008, 12:58 AM

Sorry about the double post. My virus scan program locked me out for a moment and I did not think the first post went. By the way - this is a Great group and I have really enjoyed seeing all the post..

« Alereon Wireless USB PCI-E mini-Card Goes After Notebooks | Dell to charge $12.95 a month for "Premium" customer support »