News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#11) Old

Default 08-09-2009, 07:31 PM

The TV Tuner Card XP drivers for the the 1010, really mess up the Windows 7. I tried installing 5 different ways and the best I could get was marginal. Really need vista or win7 drivers and sofware. Dell really messed up on the 1010 and the TV tuner. Total CRAP.
  (#12) Old

Default 08-09-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhanseng View Post
The TV Tuner Card XP drivers for the the 1010, really mess up the Windows 7. I tried installing 5 different ways and the best I could get was marginal. Really need vista or win7 drivers and sofware. Dell really messed up on the 1010 and the TV tuner. Total CRAP.
UPDATE: After uninstalling all the tuner software. I noticed the TV Tuner still showed in the Device Manager as installed, but all the services were removed. So I tried Media Center to see if it recognized the turner card. It did. You need to have just about all Video affects turned off. (especially Desktop Composition) BUT, it works better than it worked with the dell software under XP. So I have my TV tuner working under Windows 7 now. Dell really needs to come up with some Vista/Win7 drivers and apps for the tuner. Intel needs to improve the GMA 500 drivers. The current ones are really crap.
  (#13) Old

Default 08-14-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunhamzzz View Post
...I am going to take this opportunity to install Windows 7 Ultimate on all of my Dell Minis...
Well, have fun with that! For me, there isn't a compelling reason to spend any extra money for the Ultimate version of Win 7. Home Premium is more than sufficient. However, Bit Locker and the extra language support may be tempting for some.

Kevin

« New Dell Products, New Forums | Dell Mini 3i Smartphone Showcased in China »