News News from the Dell Inspiron Mini Universe

(#21) Old

Default Re: RunCore and MDD Team Up: High Speed Results - 11-23-2008, 12:35 AM

Robb318, this is just like any hard drive. It can be partitioned any why you like.

CMcCane, if she is good with 8gb and really justs needs a 4x performance boost then she should be fine with the 16gb Runcore drive.

Matt

Dell Mini 9 XP, Runcore 64GB, and Transcned 2GB RAM upgrade. Now using as my work and play pc.
  (#22) Old

Default Re: RunCore and MDD Team Up: High Speed Results - 11-24-2008, 02:33 PM

I just ordered my 32GB Runcore SSD. Can't wait to see the performance improvements with this upgrade.
  (#23) Old

Default Re: RunCore and MDD Team Up: High Speed Results - 11-24-2008, 04:29 PM

and what are the performance for the standard 8gb ssd inside my dell ?
  (#24) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: RunCore and MDD Team Up: High Speed Results - 11-26-2008, 06:27 AM

I just wanted to point out.. MDD has pushed back the ship date ANOTHER WEEK! I ordered my RunCore SSD immediately when they went on sale. They claimed the had had 250 of them made. 2 days after my order, someone from MDD came to this forum and claimed they had 33 left, in the size I ordered. A week goes by, they haven't even billed my credit card, though I did get an order confirmation email. As of last Friday, their website said "Starts shipping the 1st".. Now it says Dec 8th.. So ANOTHER week out.. For something that was supposed to already be in stock.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#25) Old

Location: Originally Ganinesville, Fl but currently Tokyo, Japan
Default Re: RunCore and MDD Team Up: High Speed Results - 11-26-2008, 07:22 AM

I ordered mine past Friday. Didn't hear from them over the weekend so got up with Doug through chat.The reason that I called is because I can't see any record on my account page. When speaking to him he said that everything was ok and mine would be shipping on the 8th. He did quote me my order number and sad he would email an invoice. About an hour later he did email me the invoice however. I have yet to see any info updated on my acct page??? Even now.
Until now I just thought I missed the first batch. A bit troubling though finding out this info from you Una.
Anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: Here is the chat that I had with him
Quote:
Connecting... Connected by HTTP.
*Douglas Hare: Hello, how can I help you?
*Phoenix.stu: Hi Douglas. I recently placed an order for one of the new Runcore 32gb ssd for the Dell mini 9.. I noticed that you posted that there were only a few left when you posted on the mydellmini site. I hope I got my order placed in time. Anyway. I placed the order a couple of days ago and I still do not see an invoice on my page. Is everything ok?
*Douglas Hare: yes...
*Douglas Hare: whats your email address?
*Phoenix.stu: *******@****.com
*Douglas Hare: SALES ORDER # 5***1
*Douglas Hare: this information will be emailed to you later
*Douglas Hare: and you should be shipped around the 8th of december
*Phoenix.stu: Ok, so I didn't make it before the 1st batch was gone. Shoot. Oh well. Thanks for your help. I will keep an eye out for the infomration. Regards, Stuart
  (#26) Old

Default Re: RunCore and MDD Team Up: High Speed Results - 12-01-2008, 10:07 PM

My order doesn't show on my account info on MDD's website either. I just called them to find out the status, since my invoice showed a "ships starting Dec. 1". The guy said it will be shipped out Dec. 8, and it sounded like that was the case for all the Runcore (for Dell Mini) orders. He said that a confirmation email w/tracking info would be sent once the order was shipped. :|
  (#27) Old

Default Re: RunCore and MDD Team Up: High Speed Results - 12-01-2008, 10:20 PM

I think what we're all seeing here is a delayed shipment problem (from China that is). A buddy of mine and I have 32gb Runcore's on order as well, and we were told they should be shipping out December 1st as well. As there seems to have been a delay, I'm hopeful all of our units will go out on the 8th. If the performance is as good as it looks like it will be, It's be worth the wait in my book.

I know it sucks, but I do believe Doug and MDD are doing their best to get the parts in so they can get them shipped out to us. All we can do now is wait (and hope it sleeps in OS X ).

Frank
  (#28) Old

Default Re: RunCore and MDD Team Up: High Speed Results - 12-07-2008, 12:08 AM

Any one know if these units will allow for sleep? I've only held off on buying one to confirm that. I expect my mini 9 to arrive on wed, but only ordered the 4 gig drive, so I'll need to replace the SSD.

I just wanted to know which drive to buy.

The slave USB port also looks amazing, for the purposes of installing OS X & updating it. It's so much easier to deal with drives when you aren't trying to boot them at the same time :-)
  (#29) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: RunCore and MDD Team Up: High Speed Results - 12-07-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarr
Any one know if these units will allow for sleep? I've only held off on buying one to confirm that. I expect my mini 9 to arrive on wed, but only ordered the 4 gig drive, so I'll need to replace the SSD.

I just wanted to know which drive to buy.

The slave USB port also looks amazing, for the purposes of installing OS X & updating it. It's so much easier to deal with drives when you aren't trying to boot them at the same time :-)
I assume you mean Sleep in OS X, as sleep works in Windows and Linux on any SSD.
Nope, MDD hasn't shipped a single drive yet. They say shipping starts on the 8th.. So Monday they start shipping, expect Tuesday evening, the forums will light up with feedback.. I should have mine by the end of the week and you can bet I'll be reporting on my results, but I probably won't be the first.
That's all assuming they actually start shipping on Monday..

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#30) Old

Default Re: RunCore and MDD Team Up: High Speed Results - 12-07-2008, 02:00 AM

I just ordered the 64 gb version. I hope they actually start shipping 12/8 as stated. Will return to see all the posts 12/8 of either shipping or a delay.

« Dell Mini 10 Hands On | More Dell Mini 10 Details surface »