My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#1) Old
Thumbs up Some good news - 05-26-2009, 01:18 AM

Thought I would share my thoughts on the 64gig runcore SSD I have been using now for some time in my mini 9.

Brought this back in Jan and pretty much banged it in immediately after buying it - installed XP Pro and have been using it for work ever since. received the unit (I live in Ausi) within 5 days or ordering so don't know if I was lucky or not but it arrived pretty darn quick.

Unit runs between 8 - 12 hours every day 5 days a week and I use the dell mini 9 100% for work - using external keyboard and monitor but clearly using the unit when travelling. Is run for multiple excel spreadsheets, word, email & Baan (our MRP system).

Oh and the occasional skype call - so far have had no issues with the SSD - the space is handy have been known to rip a few movies onto the SSD for plane flights for in-flight entertainment.

So far no issues, no hickups issues booting or any other fault. so I give it the thumbs up - will be interesting to see how the runcore SSD goes. Have wondered how reliable the units are (back up onto external 250 gig HDD) but so far so good.

« Acronis True Image Trial Software Issue. | 2 Year Warrenty Transfer »