My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#1) Old
Default Upgrades for Mini 12 ? - 04-06-2009, 09:18 PM

I'm a new mini 12 owner, and am a bit cloudy on the possibility of hardware upgrades - specifically the drive and RAM.

Some stuff specifies Mini 9 and I'm not sure if the 12 is the same or not.

I've read the relevant threads and checked the MDD site, which seems to be a well-run operation, but I'm still confused if the RAM can be upgraded ... I read the stock RAM is soldered onto the board, so that's something a tech would have to do I presume? Also is the available replacement RAM, if there is any, clocked at 1.6 or lower?

Would like some clarity on possible drive upgrades too please, if these take the place of the existing drive or add to it, etc.

Much thanks.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Upgrades for Mini 12 ? - 04-11-2009, 11:40 AM

When we will see at MDD a 1.8" ZIF PATA SSD which RunCore specially designed for Dell Inspiron Mini 12?

Dell Inspiron Mini 12, 1.6 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM, 40 GB HDD, 3 cell battery, MS Windows Vista.
Want to install internal WWAN modem, replace HDD with SSD or CompactFlash.
P.S. English it is not my native language, so, please, excuse me for its poor quality.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Upgrades for Mini 12 ? - 04-17-2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by KubanUser1

When we will see at MDD a 1.8" ZIF PATA SSD which RunCore specially designed for Dell Inspiron Mini 12?

I know that I just posted this in the eBay thread but we are hoping to see some at the end April or early May but i'll be sure to keep everyone updated as soon as we get a concrete date. is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on or become a fan on to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#4) Old
Default 05-12-2009, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Dawson View Post
We have 1.8" zifs on the way from Runcore and want to know if they work in the mini 12. (not the current one for the HP 1000) Who wants to test it out? They are about 1-2 weeks out.

I will send you the drive and some benchmarking software you report back if you like it you can buy it at a discount or send it back.

It goes to the 1st person here who wants to do it but you must have over 30 posts and a Dell Mini 12.

When might we see something about this?

EDIT: Also.. i got this in private message after asking but nothing after..
Originally Posted by Matt Dawson
Yes sir you do what is your shipping address?

I should have some samples in next week.

[Current] Acer Aspire Timeline 4810T-6937 1.4Ghz Core 2 Duo CULV, 3GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB HDD, XP Home
[Previouslyl] Dell Mini 12 - 1.33GHZ Atom, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD, XP home/Windows 7

« 64GB April 28th shipment cutoff date? | Replacement Batteries for the Dell Mini 9 Discussion Thread »