My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#1) Old
Default RunCore Pro IV PATA - Drive not found PCIe or USB - 12-05-2010, 01:55 PM

I have a RCP-IV-M5032-C that purchased in March 2010 for a Dell Mini 9. I was traveling this week and left the unit at home powered-up (it was reporting updates to a database) when I noticed that the updates stopped. Talking to my wife that day I found that there was a Blue Screen error, so I had her just shut it down. Upon my return I found that the drive was not being seen by the BIOS. I removed the drive and installed it in the USB case (where I had the STEC from Dell working) and the RunCore drive was still not seen. It sounds like I am going to have to request an RMA to return it. I have a couple of questions:

• Would I call MDD or RunCore for the RMA?
  • Is if there is anything that I can meter/check/do to find even a temporary workaround to get a few things off of it?
Thank in advance,
  (#2) Old
Default 12-06-2010, 07:08 PM

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. It sounds like a typical drive failure that will necessitate an RMA.

If you'd like to give us a call, we'd be glad to help you get setup with an RMA but you will probably need to talk to our tech support to see if there is any way to recover your data.

MDD Jeremy is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on or become a fan on to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.
  (#3) Old
Default 12-07-2010, 03:55 AM

Hi Jeremy, Thank you for the response. I will call tomorrow and see what we can do.

Best regards,

« Mini 9/Vostro A90 Extended Life Battery | 40 Watt Netbook AC Adapters for only $8! »