My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#1) Old
Thumbs down Ordering pains - 09-03-2010, 04:28 PM

Tried to put two orders in in the last 2 days, but both required me to call to confirm my billing details, INCLUDING the three digit security code on the back of my card.

What I don't get is - they took this already when I placed the order.

And also didn't seem to understand the sheer risk of giving out the three digit code over the phone.

They couldn't/wouldn't confirm if this workflow existed for the paypal / google checkout payment options.

Extremely frustrated, very angry!
  (#2) Old
Default 09-07-2010, 04:13 PM

We understand your frustration and agree that is good to be safe when it comes to giving out your credit card information. In the sake of safety, what you’re experiencing is our method of safeguarding against fraudulent orders.

More often than not, we’ve found that fraudulent orders have mismatching billing and shipping addresses. Because of that, our system automatically flags all orders with mismatching addresses. This allows us to review your purchase and send out the verification emails you've received.

When it comes to orders that need to be verified, our system automatically removes the three digit code while it is placed in our queue while we await your reply. Without question this is a minor inconvenience for both parties but it has helped us avoid a number of false orders.

We require this verification for all payment methods be it credit card, PayPal, or Google Checkout and regretfully it is not something we can budge on.

I can assure you that many customers place their orders over the phone with their credit cards but, if it you would feel more comfortable, I’d be happy to discuss alternate methods where you could get that code to us but ultimately we cannot process your order without that information.

If you’re still interested in placing your order, please send me a private message here on the MyDellMini Forum and I will be happy to assist you.

MDD Jeremy is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on or become a fan on to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.

« Trouble with clean XP install (Mini9) on new RunCore Pro IV | New 5000mAh Mini9 Battery »