My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#1) Old
Default Problem order with MyDigitalDiscount - 06-28-2010, 11:33 PM

I bought a 64GB Pro IV Light SSD for my Dell Mini 9 and it seemed to work at first, but I noticed that if I left it running for a few days it would blue screen my computer, or freeze up depending on what OS I was running. The computer would continue running but it would not work properly and do anything. When I rebooted, or power cycled, it would no longer show any hard drive in the BIOS. If I turn my computer off for 30 minutes then it would boot up and see the drive again for the next several hours but fail again after hours or days. I think it is a heat issue as my Dell seemed hotter than it was before and I think these drives may run hot. I only noticed it when I run my computer more than 24 hours, which I am able to do with the factory drive and no issues. Not positive about the heat issue, but the drive was bad.

I returned the drive to mydigitaldiscount with US Priority Mail sent from the post office and now they are saying they never received and it is a nightmare. I know there is a chance that it could have been lost in the mail, but it has been several weeks and it was never returned to me and I also had trouble getting mydigitaldiscount to call me back when I left them voicemails. If you run your computer for more than a few hours I would be wary of the RunCore Pro IVs and I would also buy it from and avoid mydigitaldiscount. I am sure there are some guys on here that are in love with these vendors, but I am just letting people know what happened to me.
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 06-29-2010, 03:02 AM

Don't blame MDD because you didn't insure and/or track your return package.

(#3) Old
Default 06-29-2010, 12:09 PM

I'll be happy to look further into this issue for you drheim. I've sent you a PM and hopefully I can help.

We do strongly suggest that all returns have some sort of tracking or delivery confirmation for this very reason. While UPS and USPS both have great track records for us, neither method is perfect and issues like this one can happen from time to time. That being said, we totally understand how frustrating it can be to be the person this happens to.

It's not that we don't believe drheim when he says he's returned the drive, but we do need to have some kind of record that the package has been shipped back or that it's arrived here if it's hiding in our office to issue a replacement.

The voicemail issue is another one all together and I will look further into the reason behind the delay in response.

The problem with the RunCore drive is a new one as far as we know but, as with all returns, we will pass the issue onto RunCore to see if they know more or if this is just a case of being a random bad drive. We've sold numerous Pro IV Light drives and had very little issues with that particular line.

MDD Jeremy is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on or become a fan on to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.

« Dell Mini 9 Reset | Hoda Technology 8.9" Solderless Easy & Fun Touch Screen Kit for Dell Mini 9 »