My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#1) Old
Default SSD in RunCore enclosure : long time to mount - 05-22-2010, 01:34 AM

I wanted to create an image of my Mini 9 SSD before I upgraded to 10.6.3, so I installed the SSD (not a RunCore brand) in my RunCore external enclosure and plugged it into my iMac. It's been at least an hour and the drive is still attempting to mount.

I'm pretty sure this is the case because I can HEAR the drive being accessed. (Must be something on the circuit board...a DC-DC converter perhaps?). Is this normal? I used this same SSD in this same enclosure a few months ago to image the drive before an upgrade, and it mounted in less than a minute.

I'll let this run overnight. If I decided to abort the mount, is there any safe way to do this without corrupting the drive?

(#2) Old
Default 05-22-2010, 11:32 AM

You really shouldn't be hearing anything. If the drive has not mounted, I'd say it's safe to disconnect, but why not just do a shutdown first?

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Now in stock: RunCore Pro Mini PCI-e SSDs for Dell Mini 9 & Dell Vostro A90 Netbooks | Back in Stock: Hoda Technology Touch Screen Kit for Dell Mini 9 Netbooks »