My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#1) Old
Default Problems with RunCore T-Style in Mini 9 - 10-19-2009, 06:40 PM

Hi all - Please see this thread: RunCore ProIV getting killed in new mini9s

Someone started it elsewhere, but I think we've got a real problem on our hands. I'm on my second "Pro" T-Style, and it is also DOA in the Mini 9.

I've sent a few emails about this to Colleen privately, as well.

(#2) Old
Default 10-19-2009, 07:59 PM

These T-style Runcore SSDs are most certainly not cheap and it is really disappointing to read of problems.

For the record, I contributed to the other thread you referred to and I can confirm that my 32GB PRO IV is still running super (and fast!) after 3+ weeks. As a reward, I will give it a present of Win 7 next week.

However, I did not buy it from MDD - I am from the United Kingdom and bought the SSD from an eBay seller. I think it is really useful for potential buyers to be aware of problems before they part with their hard earned money, but it is also useful for users of this forum to be made aware of satisfied purchasers, as well.

(#3) Old
Default 11-01-2009, 03:48 PM

What is the real pity here is that Runcore are not telling us their side of the story and aknowledging a problem. It does them no credit!
  (#4) Old
Default 11-01-2009, 03:55 PM

Please read what I have discovered with Runcore T-style in the other thread. It will save you from sending it back.

Runcore 128gb IV pro in mini 9 Success!

I agree, I wish Runcore would just tell us what is going on, and maybe do better testing of the drives before the release. Just my 2 cents.

« SSDs on backorder - when will they be available again? | RunCore 16GB & 32GB Pro 50mm Mini PCI-e SSDs Arrived »