My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#71) Old
Default 12-03-2009, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by MDD Chris View Post
Thanks for the info. I am looking into this issue and hope to have some answers soon. If you were to power the mini off while charging, do you still get the flashing lights? Thanks again for the information.

i still get the lights occasionally, but there is no apparent pattern.

White Mini 9 | OSX 10.5.8 | A04 | DellEFI 1.2a5 | 2GB | 64GB RunCore Pro IV | 32GB C6 Transcend | 1.3Mpix | MDD extended battery | OEM BT | Fusion 2.0.4 | 1505 Draft-N

Problems with external displays or projectors in OS X? Try MirrorDisplays2!
Got Static?
  (#72) Old
Default 10-17-2010, 06:27 PM

I have the "unidentified battery" BIOS message from a 3rd party 4-cell and have been through several complete charge/discharge cycles to condition the battery. Charge calculations (time and %) are lengthy but seem fairly accurate if I let them settle. However, I have these symptoms when the battery is installed:

* I get the flashing LEDs if the machine is booted or wakes up without the A/C connected, or if the A/C is disconnected while running. Simply reconnecting A/C does not eliminate flashing - only rebooting on A/C or waking up with battery removed will eliminate it (subsequently plugging in battery does not cause flashing).

When LEDs are flashing:

* Machine will sleep, but no sleep indication on LEDs
* Battery will not charge, whether awake nor asleep
* To eliminate flashing without reboot, battery removal (either awake or asleep on A/C) is required

When LEDs are NOT flashing:

* Battery will charge with A/C connected, sleeping or awake
* Sleep indication is normal

Mini 9 / BIOS A04 / NBI 0.8.4 RC1 / MacOS 10.6.2
  (#73) Old
Default 10-22-2010, 06:41 PM

If anybody's having a issue with their battery, please feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to help.

MDD Danielle is your connection to the digital world.

Join the MDD Community: Follow us on or become a fan on to get the latest news, product updates and exclusive offers.

« RunCore 64 gig (for Mini 9) and TRIM support | RunCore Pro IV PATA - Drive not found PCIe or USB »