Mac OS X Development Development and discussion on the latest hackintosh drivers and methods.
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Mac OS X 10.6.5 notes - 11-12-2010, 05:16 AM
Hi. Haven't seen this anywhere quite like this, so I decided to write up my experience with 10.6.5.
I've installed 10.6.5 on my Dell Mini 9. Here's how I did it:
1. Turn on Legacy USB in BIOS.
2. Plug in Mac OS X 10.6 USB stick, turn on Mini 9, press 0 for boot options choose USB.
3. Format SSD and install Mac OS X 10.6, reboot.
4. Turn off Legacy USB in BIOS.
5. Boot up 10.6, run through install. Run latest NBI:
**OFFICIAL** Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update Thread
6. Install Mac OS X 10.6.5 Combo update.
7. Before restarting, re-install NBI.
That's it! WiFi, Bluetooth, and webcam work. Haven't tried ethernet or VGA.
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
11-12-2010, 02:39 PM
I was at 1.6.4, and just ran the update. Worked fine. Re-patched my sound (see sig) and was good to go.
MINI Cooper '02 | 1.6L | CVT | Moonroof | Red w/ White Stripes
Want the ALC268 mini 9 sound fix? Get it here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2377323/Mini9SoundPatch.zip
« VoodooPowerMini Kext help | New 0.8.4RC1 Image file, for 10.6.3 Retail DVD install without Mac... »
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.