Mac OS X Development Development and discussion on the latest hackintosh drivers and methods.

(#11) Old
Send a message via MSN to Side.Step.Society
Default 03-19-2010, 08:08 PM

"When you call your machine MacBook Mini via Model Identifier, OS X does not know what that is. I would imagine that is why the icon is not showing up correctly."

This is what I had suspected at first, so I tried swapping the SMBIOS file I had created with a "default" for a MacBook Air. Still, it wouldn't show the MBA icon on other Macs. I'll try it again though just to double check.

*EDIT*: Well, slap a sticker on me and call me stupid.

Tried the default MBA SMBIOS.plist file again, this time, it worked. Showing MBA icon on my Mac mini, just swimmingly. Also, DVD Player does indeed work as posted above.

Perhaps because I changed the RAM speed to actually match that of the Dell mini was creating some issues before.

Now, what would be nice, would be the MBA profile, with the aluminum MBP icon. I'll have to see what I can rig up, if it's possible. Without of course just replacing the icon on each computer in the Coretypes bundle.
  (#12) Old
Default 03-19-2010, 08:32 PM

Cool !!!

Some of the patches for Chalemeleon are able to detect RAM stuff now, so am sure that'll be in the next formal release (or you could grab one of the various builds, but watch out as they dont all have the 10.6.2 kernel patch). So, wont need RAM stuff in smbios.plist going forward.

« Find/Dev Kexts | Strange Error after installing voodoopower »