Mac OS X Development Development and discussion on the latest hackintosh drivers and methods.

(#1) Old
Default Request: mouse On = trackpad Off - 03-01-2010, 11:55 PM

I love my 10v with OS-X, but it drives me crazy when typing, because it seems impossible to avoid brushing the double-d***ed trackpad with a thumb, and whenever you do, it usually manages to select the current paragraph and overtype it.

I've got the sensitivity set to Least sensitive, and it's still a major issue for me.

I don't know if this is possible, but I'm thinking that I'd sure like to see a piece of SW that temporarily shuts off the trackpad completely, if any USB or Bluetooth mouse is attached, then re-enables it if the mouse is removed. This was a feature in 10.5, and it's tough to live without.

(#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 03-02-2010, 01:35 AM

Should be fairly trivial to have the touchpad driver listen for new IORegistery entries and shut itself off if the user want's it to (via a pref pane option).
I'll look into it, but it'd probably be best if you add a feature request at the google code website ( Select Type-Feature (or put Feature Request in the title). That way I don't have to look through a bunch of forum posts for requests.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a invite? message me.
  (#3) Old
Default 03-02-2010, 04:04 AM

Entered in Wiki. Thanks for your attention.
  (#4) Old
Default Ditto Request - 03-04-2010, 06:09 AM

Went to wiki and starred the issue. Hope that's the right way to indicate that I would welcome this feature also.

By the way, as a ugly workaround, I taped a plastic store loyalty card over the trackpad to keep it from registering my errant brushes whilst typing.
  (#5) Old
Default 03-04-2010, 06:44 AM

Do not believe all the old remarks you read about this being a preference setting: in SL it was removed, and it is NOT in the Mouse/Trackpad/Universal Access System Prefs. any longer. Repeat NOT.

It was a setting in 10.5, but Apple removed it entirely and made it "Automatic" depending on Mac model in SL. Oddly, this does not include Synaptics Trackpads.

« OSX 10.6.3 beta | Find/Dev Kexts »