Mac OS X Development Development and discussion on the latest hackintosh drivers and methods.

(#1) Old
Question Strange Error after installing voodoopower - 03-01-2010, 06:24 PM

Hey guys... after I installed voodoo power and icpu, I restarted and ended up getting an error on the apple logo pinwheel screen that looked like a small white box with a no (no smoking) sign in it. I could not get the computer to boot in single user mode so I restored it from an old timecapsule backup from before this happened.. only to have it happen again. I then reinstalled the OS from scratch, and user migrated from an old time capsule backup to have the error happen again. Anyone experience this before?

Pics of error, and verbose mode:

(#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 03-08-2010, 02:28 AM

wow, that's a big pic

The apple with the 'no' symbol means that a boot device cannot be found, i.e. the HD or SSD is bad. Most likely not physically bad, just in need of reformatting. There is no seemingly valid Mac OS on the disc. If its not a formatting error then an install of voodoopower shouldn't cause issues.

BTW, are you trying voodoopower or voodoopowermini? If the settings for the CPU are off that could be why the OS can't be read from disc. You want voodoopowermini for either of the Dell minis.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#3) Old
Default 03-21-2010, 12:52 PM

Or...Is something messed up in /Extra related to Boot.plist causing Chameleon to tell kernel the wrong place to boot from?
Given you've reinstalled/restored unless you also re-ran NBI etc, then the old /Extra MAY still be hanging around (although I'd guess it ought to have been erased during restore?).
If it were this, then you might get booted by specifying the root volume at Chameleon boot prompt in addition to -v. ie:
-v rd=disk0s2 (or disk0sx where x=partition # that OS X is installed on)
or, just pointing to a Null .plist might work out (this is a guess):
-v config =/

error, timecapsule, voodoopower

« FakeSMC Editing | VertexWatcher SSD Monitor »