Mac OS X Development Development and discussion on the latest hackintosh drivers and methods.

(#1) Old
Default No Applications? in Snowleopard after install - 11-14-2009, 11:10 PM

First of all I would like to say; this community rocks! Until this moment it has been able to provide awnsers to all my questions, with a little help of the magical search button

But now I'v ran into a problem I can't seem to figure out nor find the awnser to.. I dont know if something is wrong with my Snow Leopard installer, but for a reason i can't understand, my dock only contains Finder and Dashboard, all other utilities are questionmarks and dont run! It seems like all Applications are missing, appart from netbookinstaller?!

Does anyone know what I did wrong or knows how to fix it?

Following method used to install Snow Leopard;
I formatted my external hard drive as a GUID with 2 partitions. Using the restore method in Disc Utility I copied the SL 10.6 install DVD on to partition 1 and used NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3 RC3 to boot the installer. I selected partition 2 of the external hard drive to install SL on. Once the SL installer completed I was then able to boot a "working version" of SL from partition 2 of my external hard drive.

(#2) Old
Default 11-19-2009, 11:43 AM

Is anything listed under the Applications folder in Finder? Maybe the links got messed up somehow. Is that 10.6.2 if not I would try to upgrade and see if that restores them.

Mini 9 | 2gb RAM | 16GB SSD / 8GB SDHC | OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard | NBI 0.8.4RC1
Apple TV | 160GB | CrystalHD
iPhone 4
Powermac G5 Tower | 2x 2.0GHZ | 8GB Ram | 160+250 GB HDD | OS X 10.5.8 Leopard | 24" Acer

« panic during scrolling | NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 RC4 crashes »