Mac OS X Development Development and discussion on the latest hackintosh drivers and methods.

(#1) Old
Default making usb os x installer from a usb image - 11-13-2009, 01:55 PM

Previously i installed SL onto my mini10v using mechdrew's netbookcd method. Then i created a back up usb installer from the original MAC OS X INSTALL DVD using NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3.RC3 in case i need to reinstall OS X.

Now that NetbookInstaller and NBM RC4 are out, I'm thinking of updating the backup usb drive by making another installer using NBM RC4. Can I just make an "MAC OS X INSTALL DVD" image from the existing usb drive and then use it as the source for the next version of usb installer when I run NBM?

I'm not sure if the bootloader that the previous NBM placed will affect the "MAC OS X INSTALL DVD" image.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 11-13-2009, 08:57 PM

You should be able to run NBBM 0.8.3 RC4 on the flash drive and it will update the bootloader and extensions, no problem for Snow Leopard.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

« MBR/GPT hybrid | What internal name does a SL Mini 10v use to identify itself to OSX?? »