Linux Forums about Linux operating systems on the Dell Inspiron Mini.

(#51) Old
Default 12-13-2009, 05:40 PM

I have another 9 invites if anyone wants one.

Just PM me your email address and i'll send you one.

Have any of you tried out prism?

Just follow the instructions here to make your own apps.

Dell Mini 10 - Intel Atom Z530@1.6Ghz, 1Gb DDR2, Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, Dell HD Display@1366x768, Integrated Bluetooth 2.1, 802.11a/g/n, 6-Cell Battery, Jolicloud 1.1
  (#52) Old
Send a message via MSN to nollie
Default 12-13-2009, 09:21 PM

Thanks for the link neo.

For apps I downloaded the latest Chrome dev build and create applications through that. It's very easy and I find runs faster than Mozilla-based Prism.

If you want to change the application name, icon or location all needs be is to go into the menu editor in 'Preferences' and do it all from there.

Dell Mini 9 - 64GB Runcore - 2GB RAM - Windows 7 - 16GB SD - Jolicloud Beta
  (#53) Old
Default 12-13-2009, 10:58 PM

Just installed Jolicloud yesterday morning on my DELL Mini 1010. All I have to say is Hello Jolicloud, Goodbye Karmic UNR. I was running Karmic for the longest time, but when Jolicloud configured everything out of the box, including the GMA500 driver, I was sold. A solid OS for the DELL Mini 10. Does anyone know how long this release of Jolicloud is going to be supported?
  (#54) Old
Default 12-18-2009, 02:25 AM

I loaded Jolicloud Pre-Beta this past week on my Mini9. I had problems with their automated load, so I loaded the USB ISO way, and within 15 minutes, was running, and running well. Even in the past week, updates have improved this nice take of an OS. I will be keeping this for the immediate future...does very nicely for me!

MY MINI 9: Onyx, Windows XP Home, 2GB RAM, 8GB, 16GB SDHC, VZW USB Aircard
  (#55) Old
Default 12-22-2009, 05:34 AM

Also got jolicloud pre-bata loaded on my dell mini 1010.. GMA500 working out the box and is stable so far.. Just been getting some issues with jolicloud dashboard on updating jolicloud and installing applications. Getting and unknown error on updates and installs. Anyone else getting thisw problem? this started recently only.

~*!Needle in my mind!*~
I want my Motorola Shadow NOW!!
Cape Town Wireless User Group
Dell Mini 10(1010) "Jolicloud Pre-Beta+HD LCD+Wifi+Bluetooth+HSDPA+160GB-HD"
I rather want my Alienware M11X NOW!!
  (#56) Old
Default 12-28-2009, 05:34 AM

I've tried Jolicloud on my Mini 12 and I really like it, but I have one major complaint: it only offers the native 12800x800 screen resolution, which is too small for me - especially the top menu bar. I can barely see those icons. If I could lower the resolution, I'd be thrilled.

Has anyone figured out how to change the resolution on a mini 12?
  (#57) Old
Location: I live mere blocks from the homes of Willie Morris and Jerry Clower.
Question Help me get Jolicloud off my 1012! - 02-07-2010, 05:19 AM

I tried Jolicloud Pre-Beta. I installed it on my new 1012 from a USB thumb drive. The video resolution is awful. I want it off my computer. My Dell discs will NOT reinstall Windows, nor will they reformat the HDD.

Can anyone help me get Windows back onto my computer? When the issues with OSX are fixed I will try to make this a Hackintosh. But for now I want the original software that was installed on this netbook back in place.

I have an AAO A150 running XP Home and a MacBook running 10.6.2, I have an external DVD writer that works well with the two netbooks. (I have not tried it with the Macintosh.) I also have a 4GB thumb drive, an iomega USB ZIP100 and a USB floppy drive to use for this.

Thus far I have had no luck doing the DBAN thing. The instructions are lousy. They mention Macintosh on the home page but never in the ReadMe file - only Windows and Linux. So how can I create a DBAN boot floppy, CD or DVD from my MacBook that will boot and wipe GRUB off and allow me to reformat for Windows 7?

Is there another way to do this? Is DBAN my only choice? I have no experience with Linux and little with Windows. How can Jolicloud allow users to download an OS that allows you to wipe your HDD with no way of going back?

Mama always told me to eschew obfuscation...
  (#58) Old
Default Jolicloud rocks - 02-09-2010, 06:35 AM

I trashed my dual boot setup today and thought it would be a good time to try a linux distro. There are a few netbook specific distros and Jolicloud has good reviews around the net. Installed on my 10v with no problems at all. Everything works including my mobile broadband.

Very fast stable and I really can't fault it. Class OS.
  (#59) Old
Default 02-11-2010, 11:36 PM

Need a live Linux usb with working wifi and VPN on Dell mini 9 .
So far Jolicloud is best but no VPN .
  (#60) Old
Default 11-26-2010, 08:32 PM

How does one get rid of Jolicloud and get what was a dual-boot of Windows 7 running again? Windows 7 will not boot at all but Jolicloud boots just fine. I want my Windows back.

Religion is for folks afraid of going to hell; spirituality is for those of us who have already been there.

« Problem installing Wifi Driver for Meego v1.0 | Chrome OS Volume Control? »