Linux Forums about Linux operating systems on the Dell Inspiron Mini.

(#1) Old
Question Problem with battery on Jolicloud - 03-04-2012, 06:40 AM

Hi people, I'm writing here because I have a srly problem with my Mini Dell 1010 using Jolicloud. what happens is that I charge the laptop battery to 100%, disconnect the cable, and use it when he asks, charge it back up to 100%. Suddenly, when I disconnect the cable before, just reaching 100% of the second charge, I get that the team is about to be suspended due to lack of battery. I ignore and within seconds is suspended, with the cable still connected. Is suspended and get the message that is suspended even when the cable ... I try to turn it off from the physical button and re-ignite but still leaves passes the message and nothing to start the PC. I turn back completely, removing the cable and when I turn, and usually starts at 100% battery. This happens to me every day and is something that bothers me. It really is the best distro Jolicloud I used on my laptop and do not want to leave, I wonder if anyone knows a possible solution to my problem or recommend another distro? Thanks, I hope to answer. Sorry for the bad English, I'm Latin. And new to linux.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-04-2012, 01:38 PM

This is an upstream bug carried over from Ubuntu...I found this video on YouTube. Hopefully it works for you.

You can also Google "battery critically low ubuntu"
Btw, I also love JoliOS. It's a great Linux Distro.

Dell Mini Inspiron 910 32GB RunCore SSD, 2GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate
Dell Inspiron 1720 2x 1TB HDD, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate
  (#3) Old
Unhappy 03-04-2012, 05:03 PM

K, I tried it two times but something was wrong. I'll put a screenshot here for u, excuse me but it is in spanish. If u can, use google translate equal than me. When I wrote sudo-apt get install dconf, it do it but after someone error appear. See the screenshot

Thank u for the answer... I think the problem is JCOS is a distro for web apps and the terminal isn't working properly but idk, I really don't want change distro. The forum is telling me I can't post the link....

« From OSX to Linux. | Debian Testing (Wheezy) WiFi issues »