Linux Forums about Linux operating systems on the Dell Inspiron Mini.

(#1) Old
Default Unbuntu 11:10 working on Mini 9 - 12-02-2011, 10:38 PM

With LTS 10:4 I was running out of space to perform updates with my 4 gig original HD. I was also loosing sound on update, and I figured it was because I was removing open office etc to get extra space. After doing the update I would have no sound.

I finally gave up and bought the run core 16GB as an update. I then installed 10:4, had sound, run the updates no sound. So I switched to 11:10 (won't run with a 4 GB HD), had sound, did the updates still have sound.

FYI, I did live USB, did the additonal drivers to get wifi (finally did have to cat 5 to the Internet to get it to work). Since the live usb was persistent, when I booted again to do the install, wifi worked, was also to get the media codecs to install during the build.
  (#2) Old
Default 12-04-2011, 01:41 AM

I ran out of space on that last kernel update too, deleted everything everything that I didn't need & something that I did I did a clean install of 10.04 losing nothing & it fits even after the update. I thought I was keeping that 4 GB SSD pretty clean too. Guess I missed cleaning it before the update. Everything is working fine.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
  (#3) Old
Default 12-06-2011, 07:23 PM

Tried Linux Mint 12 on both my Desktop and Netbook platforms. Problems on both. The latest Ubuntu works on both. You may see a shift in the Distrowatch standings in the next 30 days. I think Mint rushed mint 12 out the door.
  (#4) Old
Default 12-09-2011, 06:00 AM

I did a clean install, with the LTS, problem is that the secutiry /kernal updates run it out of drive space.Besides the sound problem,

FYI, 11:10 works fine but the battery power / time will report will jump around to different values, You star at 18, the 5 minutes later you are at 30, or vice versa

Last edited by btreichel; 12-09-2011 at 06:05 AM. Reason: additional comments

« 10v linux ethernet driver | Dell Mini 1010 Lubuntu - Mic not working »