Linux Forums about Linux operating systems on the Dell Inspiron Mini.

(#1) Old
Default Lubuntu - 05-21-2010, 02:59 PM

If you are looking for something light that works as well on the Dell Mini as Ubuntu does, give Lubuntu a try. For those of you who are Chrome fans, Chrome is the default browser for the distribution.

lubuntu | light Ubuntu for faster computing
  (#2) Old
Default Lubuntu on Dell Mini 10 v - 06-02-2010, 07:50 AM

I am also looking into running Lubuntu, or maybe, Peppermint OS on my Dell Mini 10 v. I tested both the live versions from USB. None of them would detect the WLAN driver.

Do I need to download a WLAN driver for the Dell Mini 10 v? As far as I remember Ubuntu Network Remix 10.04 automatically installed the WLAN driver from the net.

(#3) Old
Default 06-17-2010, 02:13 PM

I can not speak for the Mini 10, I have not tried Lubuntu on my wifes machine, she prefers I leave her stuff alone. But on the Mini 9, Lubuntu works fine, I have been running Lubuntu on both for a couple months now.
  (#4) Old
Default 07-06-2010, 10:07 PM

I put Lubuntu on a Mini 9 also (but as a dual boot) and so far, it's okay. What I did for wireless to work was I went into the Synaptic Package Manager under Preferences, searched for the word broadcom and installed something from there.

I don't know if the Mini 10V has a broadcom wireless driver or whether the packages found in Synaptic support the version for it, though.

============Learning Devices============

« B43 driver for wireless | A liitle more time to choose »