Google Chrome OS Discussions on Google Chrome OS matters for the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default (Resolved) Could not find kernel image: chromeos-usb.A - 12-13-2012, 06:47 PM

Hello everyone.

I have looked around the forum and could not find a solution for my problem.

I recently installed Chrome OS (April 15) on my Mini 10v. Everything appears to work fine when I boot it from the USB. I installed the OS onto my laptop, but when I try to boot up the harddrive, I get the following message:

Missing parameter in configuration file. Keyboard: vmlinuz.A
Could not find kernel image: chromeos-usb.A

I am not sure how to resolve this problem. I can still start up the OS when I boot it with the USB plugged in. Also, I am not very tech savvy so please bear with me. Thanks!

Last edited by Xaeril; 12-14-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Discovered solution.
  (#2) Old
Default 12-14-2012, 12:26 AM

Nevermind, I believe I resolved the issue. I must have made a mistake when I was in the vim editor. None of the tutorials mentioned how to specifically edit the string from "root=/dev/sdb3" to "root=/dev/sda3" other than entering insert mode [by pressing 'i'] and changing it accordingly. For those that are not 100% great with computers, navigate over to "sdb3" with the arrow keys and press 'Del' over "b" and then type "a".

If you come across the error I have above, you will need to rewrite the Chromium OS image onto your USB. If you find that your USB only has 1gb after reformatting it, you will need to use EaseUS Partition to recreate the partition.

boot failure, chrome os, chromeos-usb.a, kernel image, missing parameter

« ChromiumOS April15 2012 Installation Trouble on 10v | Trouble with flash »