Google Chrome OS Discussions on Google Chrome OS matters for the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default Chrome OS Install Issues - 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM

Ok, I successfully got Chrome Lime to install on my Mini9. I just found the 'official' Dell version of Chrome (the Jan 3rd version) and want to install it.

However, once I dd the .img file to a USB stick (the SAME stick I used to install Lime with), the Mini9 will not boot from it... it does recoginize it, but just won't boot from it.

Any ideas?
  (#2) Old
Default 01-06-2012, 01:10 PM

Just have been through the same path - tried Lime and decided to try the fresh Dell distribution. Did dd to the same USB stick as for Lime:
sudo dd if=ChromiumOS_x86_Jan3_2012.img of=/dev/sdd bs=4M
and it booted fine - going through the installation process now (so far noticed that the wireless is still not properly recognised (as opposed to Lime where it worked out of the box) - it needs Ethernet connection for the first boot...

It is unlikely the IMG file got corrupted during the download (as it is zipped)... Can only advice to try a different USB stick, no other ideas.
  (#3) Old
Default 03-21-2012, 03:43 PM

That's really awesome, I believe Chrome is the browser ever so every time I get toknow about its updates it just makes me really glad that I've chosen this one among all the rest.

« Does VGA out work with the Jan 3 build? | Can't figure out how to paste into crosh/shell »