General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default win7/osx dual boot stopped working after crash - 06-28-2009, 05:37 PM

I installed Windows and OSX on a HDD with GPT, first Partition is the 200 mb guid one, on the second I installed OSX and Win7 on the Third.
After both installations I bootet Win7 (automatically, any sign of a osx install) and added a OSX(Generic i86/pc) Entry via EasyBCD, booted OSX with the help of a bootable usb-stick ,installed DellEFI and finally could choose witch partition I would like to boot from.

Worked flawlessly for about 3 weeks until OSX crashed one time. Since then I just get a blinking underscore in the top left corner of my display if I choose the OSX entry.
No grey screen as usual and no change after >30min.
The OSX install still works though if I boot from a bootable (dellEFI Bootmaker in my case) stick..

I tried to boot the OSX Setup and repair the OSX Partition, but there was nothing to repair, some data rights but nothing else.
I tried too to delete the OSX entry in EasyBCD and add it again, followed by a reinstallation of DellEFI, without success.

Any Ideas what that blinking underscore is wanting to tell me and how I could get my Dell mini working again? Shure, I can leave my stick in and boot from usb everytime but then I'd have to leave the "usb legacy support" enabled which isn't really the ultimate solution..

Hoping someone can help me.. Thank You!
  (#2) Old
Default 06-30-2009, 08:30 AM

anyone? =/

« 8Gb SSD filling up | 'Another day, another HackBook' article at »