General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default DellEFI-Install doesn't work any more... HELP! - 06-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Hi Folks

I did several installations with Drews guides - all worked well. But the last two days something is driving me nuts...

I wanted to do a dual boot-system on my Runcore 32GB (15 GB Win7 and 15 GB OSX).

Therefore I followed the advanced guide "Advanced 2: Multi-Boot Configuration". I use DellEFIBootmaker0.3.3 and DellEFI 1.2 alpha 5.

Everything works fine until step 10 (reboot after combo-update to 10.5.7). When I have installed the combo-update and restart OSX with the "-x" in Safe mode the Apple logo with the spinning wheel appears and the wheel keeps spinning like forever and I can't get into the desktop. Nothing works. I installed OSX about 6 times now (I even tried the 10.5.6 combo update).

I really don't know what is going wrong since I exactly follow the guide.

What I don't get is that it did work on the exact same machine a month ago but I had to set up my system new.

Maybe someone has an idea what the problem is. Sorry - I normally don't have promblems with such guides. But this time I really have no idea...

Dell Vostro A90 | 32 GB RunCore SSD | 2048 MB Ram | 16 GB SDHC

« Complex Q regarding OSX install on 8GB Mini9 | Please help me with install..parition »