General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default 09-29-2009, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by bsoplinger1 View Post
Honest I'm not trying to be a wise!@#
It's cool, it seems to be a PEBKAC issue

I will take a look for an option to use a preset setting, though that is exactly what I was looking for when I first started up the program...

Anyway, here is where I ended up and why I asked the question:
  (#12) Old
Expert Member
Default 09-29-2009, 07:56 PM

I've attached 2 pictures. The first shows the menu options (lefthand side of menu) to get a nice pulldown on the menubar to easily change resolution and color depth. This is similar to the Displays pulldown menu that you can enable from the Displays pref pane but that doesn't have color depth. The righthand side is for the contextual menu options which you can ignore for now. The second picture shows where to check to make sure the resolution shows in the pulldown menu. Hope that helps you out.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 2.png   Picture 3.png  

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#13) Old
Default 09-30-2009, 02:31 PM

Thanks for that info. I didn't notice the SwitchResX icon in the menu bar. Now it is clear. I am running with a 16-bit color depth and the performance is noticeably better.

« Good note taking software for OSX? | SL, failure on first reboot after install. »