General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default 06-25-2009, 01:31 PM

JuJuBe, Verizon specifically strips the "Internet Connection Sharing" parts from its ROM builds for most Windows Mobile phones. You can get it reinstalled if you can "find" it somewhere else or know how to cook your own ROMs (or flash on one that somebody else made). So WMWIFIrouter won't work, and trying to tether it won't work very well either. You can sometimes hack out a way to do it without those bits, but it isn't pretty.
As for geting it to work with OS X, make sure it has those bits, and then try hooking up as a bluetooth modem or if you can enable the Connection Sharing then connect via USB you could get it to work possibly, but it is easier using it as a bluetooth modem. However, you should already know all this since you posted the link earlier, and it had a link to a slimmed install of ICS for windows mobile. You can always try asking on the Apple forums or on the Windows Mobile forums on TechNet.
  (#12) Old
Default 06-26-2009, 02:17 AM

Any shot of bluetooth teathering?
  (#13) Old
Default 06-28-2009, 02:45 AM

I have my ATT Tilt tethered (bluetooth) and it seems to work. Just make the bluetooth connection to your phone and then you need to get Internet Sharing Connection running on the phone (windows mobile). Once you have the internet connection running on the phone, you can click the bluetooth icon at the top status bar, mouse over the phone (it should show up in the list of bluetooth devices) and then a side pop out should appear with 'connect to network', click that and it should connect to the phone and you are surfing.

Not sure about other phones, but for the windows mobile phones you need the internet sharing connection application running and then it is really in both OSX and Win 7.

Hope that helps.
  (#14) Old
Default 06-28-2009, 01:07 PM

@pollok are you able to use usb tethering too? i never could with my tilt.

White Mini 9 | OSX 10.5.8 | A04 | DellEFI 1.2a5 | 2GB | 64GB RunCore Pro IV | 32GB C6 Transcend | 1.3Mpix | MDD extended battery | OEM BT | Fusion 2.0.4 | 1505 Draft-N

Problems with external displays or projectors in OS X? Try MirrorDisplays2!
Got Static?
  (#15) Old
Default 07-01-2009, 06:39 PM

Using your windows mobile phone/device for connecting to the Internet has been and still is a much loved and desired feature. I have no idea why other phones like the iphone still can not do this. Seems odd to me.

« After full post-install, Mini 9 will not boot.. | mini 10v trackpad »