General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Back to Windows XP from OS X? - 06-19-2009, 01:21 AM

So, my new (refurb) Mini 9 should be arriving tomorrow. It will have WinXP pre-installed and I plan to follow the excellent guides on this site (thank you) to install my beloved OS X. However, in the future if by some miracle I should want to purchase another and even better netbook than the Mini 9, I'll want to resell my Mini. I have some questions:

1) Can I re-install WinXP after Hackintoshing my Mini 9?
2) If so, is it as simple as booting from the Windows XP install disk, reformating the SSD, and away I go?
3) If it's not that simple, then what would I have to do to revert from OS X to WindowsXP?

Thanking all you geniuses ahead of time,
  (#2) Old
Default 06-19-2009, 01:32 AM

It should be that straightforward, yes. Although you might want to wipe the drive with zeros first... mainly because if you're reselling it you don't want to give away persional data and also because some disk utilities freak out with GUID partition table remnants on the drive somewhere too.
  (#3) Old
Default 06-19-2009, 01:50 AM

You should do what I did, clone it. The first thing I did when I opened my 10v was setup xp and immediately turned it off and booted clonezilla off a usb drive and imaged the drive. I did the same thing after I installed os x. Now if I need to go back to xp for any reason, I can just restore the image and I'm back to factory and visa versa. It's fantastic.

mini 9, os x, windows xp

« Settign up an ad-hoc network with bluetooth? | iDeneb 1.4 on 8GB SSD Dell Mini 9 »