General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default type11 rewrite with troubleshooting - 11-18-2008, 04:00 AM

Hey all, this has been quite an amazing learning process for me and it has engulfed alot of effort from alot of people. Why dont we rewrite type11 withall of the correct kexts and drivers that have worked. I know there is many different threads on many different issues, so i will be glad to type up the additions in a nice format along with the original post all in one shabang. Under which i will state any issues that have occurred frequently and the resolution listed from people posting on this page. We'll sticky it and voila.

So i think anyone who has had a problem, and then resolved it, post on this thread in the simplest form:

1) the problem you incurred
2) the files you obtained/what was text typed into terminal
3) final result/stance of your issue

and you guys (type11 unaclocker fgodfrey....) or anyone else who has had a hand in this, repackage all of the working files into one concise folder, and rewrite with all of the advances since it had originally been drafted. Ill sort out all of the posts on this page and create a troubleshooting guide in a couple of weeks once we have enough responses in this thread. This way it will free up the other threads from people asking the same question that has already been covered in a post somewhere else on this site or insanelymac or whatever. We have the best site going on this imo and a current rewrite with some trobleshooting all in one post will stop all these random repetitive questions. Lets do this. I'm down!
  (#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: type11 rewrite with troubleshooting - 11-18-2008, 04:12 AM

It'd be up to Type11 if he wanted to start a new thread. I know he's off on a business trip right now, which has him tied up quite a bit. He's also working on the new SD card driver.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#3) Old
Default Re: type11 rewrite with troubleshooting - 11-18-2008, 08:08 AM

« boot123 to USB stick using Disk Utility | What methosd to install Mac OS in 8GB Dell Mini? »