General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Send a message via AIM to jfrank
Default Help!!! - 06-15-2009, 05:29 AM

I just bought a Mini9 and I am going to do some mod cases and what not to make it look just like a MacBook. I have a few questions though.....

1. Green LED for the mini9 when using the webcam just liked the one used on a mac?

2. Possible to move keys and remap them to resemble a mac keyboard?

3. What do I need to do to get the trackpad to work just like the trackpad on a mac? i.e. two finger scrolling, two finger click...etc..

4. I took my lid to a laser engraver where I live to see if he can cut an Apple Logo into the lid. I hope to get it back by tomorrow but we will see how it goes. I also ordered Vostro A90 parts to get the all black look

5. Is there a way I can remove the "DELL" logo from the bezel and fill that cutout with something so it is smooth?

6. On a mac you can press any key to wake up the machine but on my mini you have to press the power button. Anyway to enable that feature?

7. So I successfully installed Mac OS X on my mini but th only thing that drives me crazy is that everytime I turn the machine on, the Dell welcome screen comes up then the Mac welcome screen comes on. Is there a way to bypass the Dell welcome screen? Also, is there a way to enable the Mac startup sound?

Many more to come....

I am hoping to convert into the Black MacBook. I will post pictures as time progresses...

« Where is the source code of chameleon 1.0.12? | Upgrading 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 | Boot 123 and DellEFI v8.01 »