General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Bookpedia/Delicious Library and Mini 9 webcam - 06-12-2009, 03:51 AM

Has anyone been able to get the webcam barcode scanning feature of Bookpedia or Delicious Library 2 to work with the Mini 9's integrated webcam? I am sure that I am probably just doing it wrong...I never had this feature on my old iBook when I was using the programs and I was really wanting to try it out, cause I have a HUGE library of books I want to input.

Thanks in advance!
  (#2) Old
Default 06-12-2009, 04:49 PM

yes, i got it worked on my mini 9 with some tricky hassles. You have to provide a light sufficient for your webcam to have it work properly, then align those 2 rectangle boxes in the right places
  (#3) Old
Default 06-12-2009, 04:58 PM

This sounds like a job for the sweet USB or bluetooth scanners you can buy from delicious monster. I hear those are easier for huge numbers of items, anyway.
  (#4) Old
Default 06-13-2009, 12:14 AM

@gurukuku You are right...I tried it today in natural light plus an overhead light, and I got it to at least read the barcode kinda. It turned green but still didn't give me results. Oh well.

@CyG In my frustration last night I ordered a CueCat from eBay for $10. LOL I imagined the webcam scanning being MUCH easier than it actually is, so I think you're right in that a scanner is better suited for the job.

Thanks for the input! :-)

« HELP -- osx install question method 3 step 4 | What is my connect mode? »