General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Please Please Help Me - 06-11-2009, 11:05 AM

Hello gurus I'm trying to install a mac os x using the two usb method for windows only (part G of the dellefi guide). I don't have access to any Mac. I have a dell mini 9 with 16GB RunCore SSD, 2GB ram, mac os x 10.5.6 compressed retail image, BIOS version A05, and flash drives 2GB and 8GB. Since I have a problem formatting the 8gig usb with image (the not enough space thing), I used the compressed method - copied the live.dmg and OSXDVD contents to the 8gig drive (now it has live.dmg, (compressed image file), __MACOSX (dir) and OSXDVD (dir)). I'm sure I correctly prepared the boot usb also. The problem is that when the dell mini boots, before asking me to enter the setup drive (the 80,81,82 thing), it gives me an error: " not found". Then when I enter my 8gig drive (81 in my case) and hit enter, it just gives me the same error again and prompts me back for entering a setup drive. I'm sure I'm doing everything correctly according to the guide. Please, any help will be greatly appreciated. I really want a Mac, so that I could use the iPhone SDK. Thank you

boot, install, problems

« getting an Apple Remote to work | I need help »