General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Unhappy Installing MAC OS X on SD Card and Boot from SSD - 06-09-2009, 04:18 PM

Dear Friends,

I have successfully installed Leopard on 16GB SD Card, but on Dell Mini 9 BIOS there is no feature to boot from SD Card, even though i am successfully installed on the SD Card, MAC still cannot be used.

Please help me is there any way to create boot disk from SSD 8GB, to boot installed leopard on the SD Card or installing Leopard on SSD but some application placed on the SD card?

Try looking for this issue on uncle google but still not find the solution.

thank you for help.

best regards,
  (#2) Old
Default 06-09-2009, 10:10 PM

Hello Bocah,
This post should actually go under the OS X forum. It's not a how-to guide, it's just a question on how to boot from the SD Card slot.

I too am interested in this, but just a suggestion

Dell Mini 10v, 2GB, 120GB, 6-Cell, BT, 802.11n | Mac OS X 10.6.1 - 10v Hackintosh Guide - Get Dropbox for Mac OS X 2GB Free
  (#3) Old
Default 06-10-2009, 03:18 AM

Dear MacG i am sorry for this, i was post new topic in a wrong place.

Dear Administrator,

Could you please move this issue to the FAQ portion? because i could not delete this issue, or i do not know how to delete this issue.

Once more i am so sorry for this ....

Best Regards,
  (#4) Old
Default 06-10-2009, 02:42 PM

Go into BIOS. Look under the "Boot" section. Find where it says "Removable Devices". I'm fairly sure this means the SD card. Highlight it, press F6 a few times until its at the top of the list, then F10 to save and exit.

Unix fanatic
Vostro A90, 16GB SSD, 2GB DDR2, US-INTL Keyboard, FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE
Latitude E6400N, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 320GB, Opensolaris 2009.06 updated to build 118
Dell Tech Support agent
  (#5) Old
Default Install OS X On SD Card - 06-11-2009, 04:07 AM

I am very interested into installing OS X onto an SD card and using it to boot into OS X on my Mini 10V... Once I use my Mac to install the OS on to the SD card how to I get the Mini 10 to boot from it and then install the updates? I have a retail version of OS 10.5.
  (#6) Old
Default 06-11-2009, 06:06 AM

Dear Z4i,

Thank you for advice, but i've done this not work, i am not sure why removable device is not pointing to the attached SD Card for booting.

Anyway still looking forward for creating bootable hardisk to point the sd-card OS X installed.

Thank you,
  (#7) Old
Default 06-11-2009, 04:21 PM

On a Dell Mini 12 you can set the SD card as bootable - but it only shows up on the list in the BIOS configuration (and its the same BIOS on the Minis) IF there is an SD card plugged into the slot. I installed UNR on an SD card and ran it Live on my Mini 12. So I presume you can do the same with the 9.

« DellEFIBootMaker vs DellMiniBoot123 | Crap screen at logon after trying dellefi 1.2a5... Help! »