General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default 06-07-2009, 12:32 AM

God bless the man who tries the obvious while the rest of us wonder 'what if?'

I just got it working on my Dell mini with my Canon S5IS.

Now if I could figure out how to disable Canon Image Browser from launching after an image is captured.

Dell mini 9, 2GB RAM, 32GB RunCore SSD, OS X (10.6.7)
  (#12) Old
Default 06-07-2009, 01:27 AM

I'm pretty sure there's something in the preferences/settings of EOS utility that allow you to link to an application. So in your case you just want to say not to link to any application (right now it's "linking" to image browser).

I'm not 100% sure of the location/terminology of this stuff, though. I only have EOS utility on the mini and not any of the other canon utilities so I'm not having that problem. But if my suggestion above doesn't help, just do a google search for your problem, I know other have discussed it elsewhere.
  (#13) Old
Default 06-07-2009, 02:36 AM

So all I have to do is copy the folder that I have on my iMac and paste that on the Mini? Really? Sweet!

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.5.7 | 2 GB RAM | RunCore 64
BIOS A05 | 16 GB SD | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | BT |DellEFI 1.2a5 | 1.3mp WC
  (#14) Old
Default DSLR Remote - 06-07-2009, 03:31 PM

This app works very well on the Mini 9 - it uses your iPhone or iPod touch as the display and control panel.

iPhone App DSLR Camera Remote

All that runs on the Mini is a little server, and it saves the pics wherever you like without firing up browsers or anything.

There's a 'lite' version for $2, which just lets you fire the shutter - and a 'pro' version which lets you control all the camera functions which will normally be $20. For a short time, it's cheaper than usual - $10.

I'm not affiliated with the company in any way, just a happy customer.
  (#15) Old
Default 10-21-2009, 05:57 PM

You guys rock. I just found this issue trying to install the EOS utilities for my 7D on my Mini9. I was just about to try copying the apps over - glad to know it's been tested!
  (#16) Old
Default 11-11-2009, 12:57 PM

The above methods didn't work for me but after some trial and error I set up my dell mini 9 to remote video capture from the 5dmk2 and I could still see the record button!

I ended up using Screen Res X -
What is SwitchResX ? - and set a custom display resolution of 1024 x 768. I installed EOS Utility from the original dvd files, had an error problem, so I downloaded and installed the latest update to 2.6.1. After installation of the latest update it finally worked. I then used system prefs to set the display back to 1024 x 600 and all is good. I using the eyetv hybrid for video playback.

(#17) Old
Send a message via ICQ to m4rcu5 Send a message via MSN to m4rcu5
Lightbulb StudioTether - 03-02-2010, 07:08 PM

As a "not yet owner" of a Dell mini with OSX i did a search across the Internet on how to use the mini with OSX in combination with mt Nikon D70.
This program came up with the search and i think its worth trying: StudioTether.
It even works in combination with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom!

I hope you like it,

camera, canon, mini 9, os x, tether

« Tips and tricks for a first time apple user? | real mac question »