General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Hosed by 10.5.7 - Please Help - 06-05-2009, 10:52 PM

Ok, so I know there are instructions regarding upgrading to 10.5.7 and I have abided by the instructions but have not heard others talk about the problem I am seeing on my machine so I opened this thread as new.

I downloaded the Combo Update 10.5.7
Ran the Combo Update
Followed the instructions to teh letter including chose Custom on both the DellEFI 1.1 and later tried the 1.2a5 with only the "reinstall the Mini 9 Extensions checked and create custom dsdt.aml file. while in safe mode.

When I reboot, what I get is a screen initially that shows about 3 mouse arrows kinda stretched and then a blue screen then a white screen with one of those rainbow circles that show the system is working I have left it running for 1 hour but nothing else happens.

Two items of potential note.....
1) when installing 10.5.7......all went well but the machine didn't auto restart/shutdown all the way, instead I had to eventually press and hold the Power button.

2) After the DellEFI 1.1 or DellEFI 1.2a5 again the machine goes through the process says all went well but the machine never completely shuts down and again I have to hold the Power button.

Any help on getting my machine back in working order would be great. I can continue to get it to the OS under Safe mode but cant seem to get it to boot outside of safe mode successfully

(#2) Old
Default 06-05-2009, 11:22 PM

Sounds like kernel panics to me .... i'd try and do a new fresh install from scratch again.

« Syslinux... | Monochrome buttons? »