General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default Re: Disk Utility hangs when attempting GUID partition - 11-17-2008, 01:01 PM

My drive must be from the same batch, it came in on Friday. I agree, this one will be going back..... Thanks for the information. I at least no longer feel that it was just me..... LOL ...

Thanks again to all ...
  (#12) Old
Send a message via AIM to Totophe
Default Re: Disk Utility hangs when attempting GUID partition - 12-11-2008, 09:18 PM

my 8gb disk fails, when I ckeck the disk with fsck -y, it tails me several times :

any idea if this can be repaired ?

Dell mini9: BIOS A05 - RAM 2 GB - DISK 32 GB RunCore - OSX 10.6.5 - NBI 20100616212351
  (#13) Old
Default Re: Disk Utility hangs when attempting GUID partition - 12-19-2008, 09:09 PM

Looks like I got one of the bad My Digital Discount 32GB SSD's from the November batch. My Mini refused to retain the GUID partition map between boots.

I have had a difficult time emailing MDD, email messages sent from two different accounts and SMTP servers were never responded to and I was charged $20 to ship their less than 2 ounce package -- I was credited back only half after I protested.

Should I bother trying to get an exchange? Or should I be calling Amex?

Still waiting to finish building my hackintosh...
  (#14) Old
Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Disk Utility hangs when attempting GUID partition - 12-19-2008, 09:48 PM

Pick up a phone, call them during business hours. Everytime I've called, I've gotten through to a person. They are no longer carrying the POS drives, so they'll probably warranty you up to a RunCore.. I guess I got lucky with my POS drive, it retained the data on it the entire 2 months that I was stuck using it.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED

« Shutdown issue. | Runcore 64 GB Does Not Sleep... »