General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default OSX Installation on 10v - 06-02-2009, 02:55 AM

Hey everyone, I would like to thank the forum for great info/guides with OS X. I'm a noob with all this stuff, but the thought of having a little apple laptop was too enticing, so I opted to order a 10v and attempt a install.

With the 10v missing a few horizontal pixels, I can't seem to click the 'Continue' button on the bottom of the welcome to OS X install screen. I know there's a way to do it, because others have installed OS X on their 10v's but I can't figure it out for the life of me; some assistance would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the forums and came up with nothing. Probably something really simple though =/
  (#2) Old
Default 06-02-2009, 10:59 AM

Use an external monitor.

Hook it up, power on, boot to USB. While it is booting, hit F1. Then boot into the OSX install.

Alternately, you could try hitting tab and enter. Some trial and error would be needed here, as you may go back to the language selection screen the first time (not enough tabs).

Now, if you can't hit continue, because it isn't available (grayed out) -- that's a different problem, and you'll need to use the retail install CD (the one that doesn't come with a mac).

Third, you could restore a time machine image onto your mini. This assumes you have a spare install license for this purpose. Technically, none of is us following the TOS, but we like to be as legal as possible.

Lastly, you could take out the hard drive, and put it in a mac, and install there.

OSX (10.5.7) - 10v - 1GB (for now)

I'm not even supposed to be here today.
  (#3) Old
Default 06-02-2009, 12:17 PM

OT: is it possible to order the mini 10v with HD screen res?
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator
Default 06-02-2009, 12:21 PM

Unfortunately, it is not possible to order the Mini 10v with an HD screen. It's unclear if they will ever offer it, although the documentation I've read indicates that they eventually will.

Also, I find it odd that people have having so many issues with clicking the OK/Continue buttons for the OS X install. I didn't have any problems with it, but I could also see a good portion of the buttons (although not all of it).

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#5) Old
Default 06-02-2009, 03:51 PM

Hooking it up to a external monitor didn't help me, my monitor just shows what the mini shows. Tabbing over looks like it highlights it, but i can't seem to select it pressing enter (won't let me select 'More Information" either, but would highlight it).

« made a mistake... hopefully a simple fix? | Does DisplayLink work under OS X? »