General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default 8gb SSD? - 05-30-2009, 09:36 PM

After several days of trying to just get into the installer, I have managed to get into the installer using the 'live.dmg compressed' method.

The problem is that it wont install onto the 8GB SSD as I always end up with a negative red figure in the 'remaining' box.

This has probably been answered on here before, but I have being searching for 30 mins and haven't found any helpful posts yet.

(#2) Old
Default 05-31-2009, 12:10 AM

It's very doable and not terribly difficult to install 10.5.6 on 8gb SSD. I think afterwards, I had about 1.5gb of free space. I think I can still trim it down some more.

First read this and also this.

And thanks to elfboy's tip, I was able to get it to boot successfully.

Originally Posted by elfboy
The problem is really taking out too many things from Essential System Software. I finally got it to install when I deselected the 2nd tickbox (AdditionalSpeechVoices -- 687MB (or something like that), the 6th tickbox (Mail -- 129MB) and left the 10th tickbox (DVDPlayer -- 49MB or something) unselected.

And of course deselect Printer Drivers, Additional Fonts and Language Translations. That should leave you with 629MB to spare in the installation

« OSX on Runcore via Mac done, now trying to install W7RC, please help! | Question on 10.5.7 install »