General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default How Fast Is That! 32GB Runcore Cross-Country In 3 Days! - 05-30-2009, 12:35 PM

Ordered a 32GB Runcore from MDD. Had read stories here about the delaaaaays in getting the SSD, so I thought I was being clever in planning ahead. Had not yet ordered the Mini 9 that was to take the SSD -- was going to Hackintosh it, and wanted to see what the Apple folks announced at WWDC next week.

Placed my order with MDD on Memorial Day (Monday). When does my SSD get to California from Oswego? How about Friday! Go figure! Not only did that mean that MDD got the order out on Tuesday, it also meant that our USPS got it across the country in three days! I don't know whom to genuflect before: the folks at MDD or the guys in uniform who got the SSD here lickety-split for four bucks!

I was excited I got the SSD; I was ready to use lantzn's amazing method to get Leopard onto the drive, but first decided to log on here to tell everyone about my fabulous experience with MDD. First thing I read: the Mini 9 got discontinued! WTF!!! What do I do with my fancy SSD? How will I get my Hackintosh? How will I tell lantzn he is God? Oh woe!
  (#2) Old
Default 05-30-2009, 01:46 PM

I am sure lots of people will buy that ssd if you can't return it. Not like it is in Low Demand
  (#3) Old
Default 05-30-2009, 02:12 PM

Get the Mini 9 on the Outlet?
  (#4) Old
Default 05-30-2009, 02:39 PM

Get the Vostro A90 - Same as mini 9 - and looks cooler in all black. Still on the Dell website.

I love mine, and I hackintoshed it with no trouble at all. 32GB Runcore drive.

Dell Vostro A90_____A03____OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.1
32GB RunCore SSD Drive_____________2GB Crucial RAM
NBI 0.83RC3_________________Deep Sleep : [Disabled]
Bluetooth : [Disabled]__USB Legacy support : [Disabled]

« Can't find windows vista server | Holy c**p!! It worked! »