General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Tethering w/ Nokia 5800: loses settings after reboot - 05-30-2009, 09:42 AM

I've got tethering working w/ BT and my nokia 5800 except: every time I reboot I have to reconfigure it otherwise it doesn't work with a 'failure to open RFCOMM' error.

Weird thing is that OTHER BT functions (browse, isync etc.) work fine.

If I delete the device then go through BT setup again tethering works. Until the next reboot (other BT functions keep working).

WTF??? I'm suspecting its some kind of permissions issue maybe which explains why the settings are not being saved? But not being very OSX under the hood knowledgeable (its the reason I use it goddammit, I want to un-learn all the linux CLI tricks I've wasted my time on lol) I don't know where to start looking.

Its not a pairing issue as like I mentioned other BT functions keep working.

Anyone had similar issues?

Not a deal breaker as I can waste a few minutes reconfiguring it but it is such a pain
  (#2) Old
Default 05-31-2009, 09:34 PM

I am tethering with a Blackberry Bold AT&T. I just tested it after rebooting - no problem I can connect right away. I did install a custom modem script in the Library>modem prefs. (the script works with the BBB) And in the Modem pane in Network prefs I chose "other" as my Vendor (AT&T no listed) and the "modem script" as my Model (BBB no listed). I hope this makes sense to you. This may be the difference in performance. I am not sure. I have read other posts with issues similar to yours.

FYI: If you re-install DellEFI with "fix bluetooth" checked it will bork your preferences. It deletes the bluetooth prefs file (your settings gone!).

"Ride in a Window"
Dell Mini 9 Aspen White | BIOS A05 | Mac OSX 10.5.7 | DellEFI 1.2a5 | Meklort's Touchpad Driver | Direct Runcore Install Method | 64 GB Runcore SSD | 2 GB RAM | 16 GB SD | Bluetooth: [enabled] | Bluetooth Terminal Mod | USB Legacy Mode: [disabled] | 1.3 MP Webcam | Life is Good

« Faking Screen Resolution | Wireless Issues »