General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default No wi-fi connection in spain - 05-26-2009, 01:24 PM

Hi there, I want to start this off by saying that I have very little understanding of network set up and much else, but I have 2 dell mini 9´s. One with OSX and the other with windows 7. I have not been able to get either computers or my iphone to connect to any wifi networks. I am looking for guidance on what if anything can be done to try and connect to any networks. My problem is not being able to see the networks. All three devices view the network, they are very weak signals which I understand makes sense, but I am in a very small apartment and I am writing from a computer that is connected just fine.
thank you all in advance, I appreciate any input.

(#2) Old
Default 05-26-2009, 09:27 PM

My experience is in Asturias with Vodafone Mobile Connect. It works perfectly unless there is bad mountain weather. If you have a differenct carrier, service is not as good. Or maybe in your apartment there is interference. I have friends with Vodafone Mobile Connect, but it only works by one window. Try moving around to see if its the walls.
  (#3) Old
Default 05-27-2009, 02:23 PM

that is strange, I am in Oviedo studying. I live with a family who has orange livebox and the strange thing is that on my iphone it shows the connection, I enter the password and it does not connect but on my mini it does not show the connection when i am in the room with the router I guess I will have to play around to figure it out unless somebody has an answer?

« Creating Image ISO of my Mini 9 | Swaping keys physically without breaking them: how? »