General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default I think you can sleep with the stock SSD... - 05-23-2009, 01:42 AM

I am aware of the issue with sleep and the stock SSD that comes with the Dell Mini 9. The stock SSD is by STEC and the recommended replacement is one by Runcore. I had been working with my Mini 9 and was working on some trifle of an issue which I cannot remember when someone looking at the Mini picked it up and closed it. I was a tad upset because I knew I'd have to restart, as I had a stock configuration, except I noticed that the Power LED, the left one of the two on the wrist rest, was pulsing. Confused, I opened the Mini again and it popped right back up, working just fine.

Having read dozens of posts regarding how this was essentially not possible, I worked at figuring out how it could be happening. After testing many different settings, it seems that if Bluetooth is deactivated, the Mini can sleep even with an STEC SSD. Obviously, though, I loose my Bluetooth.

Does anyone else have this or specifically not have this?

*One thing of note, I've since replaced the STEC anyway, with a Runcore incidentally, and STILL cannot sleep with Bluetooth enabled. Thoughts on that would be appreciated also.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 05-23-2009, 02:10 AM

Yeah, we had a big thread about it a while back, but I can't find it in the search. Regardless, Bluetooth is definitely the culprit for sleep/restart issues.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#3) Old
Default 05-23-2009, 03:08 AM

It's both BT & USB Legacy that affects sleep and restart-after-sleep.

Matrix here:
  (#4) Old
Default 05-23-2009, 03:24 AM

which stec drive are we talking about? 32GB is what i have and i never have had problems sleeping
  (#5) Old
Default 05-23-2009, 05:50 AM

Hmm. All right. That's pretty much what I expected to hear. Just thought I'd put it out there in case I was actually right and it hadn't been heard of yet - though it has.

I was referring to an 8 GB STEC but I do not think capacity makes a difference to this.

« Date/Time Doesn't Work | web pages loading slowly in OS X »