General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Battery life and other matters after 10.5.7 update - 05-20-2009, 04:17 PM

Hi there, I come from the Windows PC world so I'm kind of a noob around here.

I've got a Dell Mini 9 with 1GB of RAM which was running smoothly on 10.5.6 (Dell EFI method). I proceeded to the update as specified in the sticky.

Everything worked well but two things :

Each time I unplug the Mini the battery indicator displays between 1:55 and 1:58 and then it decrease at a peace I would describe as slower than usual. Therefor I hope I haven't lost two hours of battery life. What should I do? I heard of calibration, is it the right thing to do in my case? If so, how do I proceed?

Second thing that bothers me is the sound. It has become choppy. It's like it's stopping for a fraction of a second every now and then. And it's quite annoying. Happy Up Here by Royksopp is quite a catastrophe. I used the disk utility in safe mode and corrected the permissions, resetted NVRAM and PRAM. But no luck. Have you got any suggestion?

I did a back up using Time Machine of my Mini before ugrading. Is there a way to go back to 10.5.6 with Time Machine if I can't solve the problems I'm facing?

I'm looking forward receiving your enlightments Thank you all for the forums which have been of great help to me before I got here.

« My mini slows down over time.... | Network Sharing Icon »