General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Expert Member
Default Possible help for sleep issues in 10.5.7 - 05-19-2009, 06:06 PM

I was reading another thread that linked to a MacFixit page on the changes to the trackpad prefpane when I came across an article about people with sleep issues in 10.5.7 and I tried what it suggested. Fixed my sleep issues, perhaps it will fix yours.

In a nutshell, the fix was to make sure that the wired Ethernet service is on.

MacFixit thread on sleep

I should note that I have bluetooth off in bios and usb legacy on in BIOS. Things were working fine for me in10.5.6 it was just the 10.5.7 update that messed me up.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#2) Old
Default 05-19-2009, 08:57 PM

TY for the post. Unfortunately my ethernet port is there and active. :/

Mine exhibits the exact same symptom as in the article except it never works, ever. If it goes to sleep and I open the lid, the desktop is frozen and mouse does not work.

Anyone know a workaround?
  (#3) Old
Default 05-19-2009, 09:59 PM

Turning USB Legacy Mode "OFF" in BIOS should fix your waking from sleep problem. If you don't use the bluetooth connection on your Mini try keeping the USB Legacy Mode "ON" and turn bluetooth "OFF" in BIOS. This is how mine is set up and I have zero problems with sleep. It even will restart successfully after being asleep and waking back up (which a lot of people have problems with).

« Standard Touchpad Pref Panel Disappeared after 10.5.7 Update | VirtualBox + SharedFolder + ? = Best Solution (?) »