Well, before I found the 10.5.7 upgrade forum, I accidentally updated via Software Update. Then while trying to follow the rest of the instructions posted here, I ended up with the solid blue screen. I then tried to reload windows on the system. The install disc sent with my system gave me a lot of errors, so I decided to install OSX again. Obviously when I began installing windows, I formatted the hard drive. Anyhow, I tried reinstalling OSX using the DellEFI method posted by mechdrew. The problem is, after preparing the usb drive, I tried to boot to the drive and I received an "Operating System not found" error everytime I tried to boot to the thumb drive. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?
How I prepared the USB drive
1) Formatted as Mac Journeled named OSXDVD
2) Restored OSX DVD onto USB Drive
3) Ran bootmaker
4) Booted into bios and turned on legacy usb and turned off wake on usb
5) selected usb device from boot menu
6) received "Operating System not found" error
FWIW, I am doing all of the preparing on a PowerMac G5. I don't know if this is the problem or not.