General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: May 2009
Dual Boot OSX with Existing Vista? - 05-18-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm considering adding OSX to my Mini 9 and was wondering what the best approach would be.
I have a 64GB Runcore running Vista taking up about 15 GB.
What is my best dual-boot approach assuming that I need to retain my Vista install? (I have access to a Mac so hopefully the install will be a little easier)
Can I :
1. Image existing Vista installation Using Acronis True Image
2. Mount the Runcore on the Mac as an external Disk
3. Using Disk Utility, repartion the Runcore for 32Gb Mac and remaining Windows
4. Install OSX using lantzn's guide: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/faqs...ncore-mac.html
5. Restore Vista Image into the Windows partition
Also, where would the Installation of the Chameleon bootloader fit into this process?
(as you can guess I'm a little new to the dual-boot process)
Join Date: Apr 2009
05-19-2009, 05:51 AM
Chameleon works but breaks Windows hibernation. You can use a Windows bootloader like EasyBCD to retain Windows hibernation.
Lotsa multi-boot threads:
Woooohoooooo dual booting os x & xp on the runcore!
|dual boot, osx|
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.