General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default os x on inspiron - 05-18-2009, 01:40 PM

I have a mini and an inspiron e1405. I want to buy a family pack os x and install it on both. I have questions.

1. Can anyone point me to a guide on installing os x on the inspiron like the ones that are here for the mini.

2. once os x is on the mini and insipron, can I use boot camp to put windows xp back on?
  (#2) Old
Default 05-18-2009, 04:07 PM

A perfect guide would be google. Try typing in the word hackintosh.

Dell Mini 9 RED | 1.6GHz | 10.5.7 OSx| 32GB SD Card + 32GB SSD | 2GB RAM | 802.11B/G/N | BT |
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 05-18-2009, 06:04 PM

I'm only responding to this because you included the Mini in the question. Like the last poster said, Google is your friend. So is InsanelyMac. We only discuss the Mini line here, and even then we only discuss the 9, 10v, and Vostro A90.

As for Boot Camp, without making it too technical it won't work and there are several working methods for installing two or more operating systems at once. There are a few here for the Mini specifically.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

« Mac 10.5.7.upgrade failed !! | 10.5.6 OS X, every works but the webcam »